Wednesday 17 March 2010

Double O gauge modelling - part 4

Well the board is fixed to the wall and can be folded up and down. The supports have been hidden behind plasterboard which just needs painting (one day).

The boards will fold up and down independantly and I have relaid the track approaching the join at the back so it meets up accurately. An electrical feed has been made from the left to the right board, so all the track is live, it just remains to do some live testing with a train before I continue to finish it off.



At the moment I have two circuits and a passing loop, I now need some sidings in the middle but havent yet decided how to lay them out. I have decided to build some model kits and see how they look on the board, this may decide the layout for the middle of the model.


I even got as far as running two trains at once. The track in the middle was just tempoary to run trucks into but may yet be incorporated in the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment