Good points on the current model
• Plenty of lines to run trains on
• Continuous run for two trains at once, (or three with care)
• Manual control of some points by wire to front of layout (Saves buying and fitting point motors)
• Manual uncouplers using cork and nails from under baseboard.
• Several items can remain on layout when it is folded away
• Ballasting - difficult especially near points and at back of layout.
• Access to back of layout
• No out of site sidings for storing spare trains
• Random wiring under board.
• Electric uncoupler fouls underside of engine.
• Layout has to be folded away most of the time.
• Everything tall has to be taken off before it can be folded away.
All I need now is for someone to buy my house so I can buy a different house with room for a permanent layout.