Wednesday 3 March 2010

The Double O layout - The beginning

Firstly I received a digital starter set for my Birthday, then my son donated his two old sets, as photographed in previous blog. I realised I didn't have much track, so I started looking on Ebay to see if I could get any reasonably priced bits. I found two curved points and some curved track which I got from there.

Next step was to work out how to use the curved points to form a crossover point from third radius to second radius. I want a double track oval as the basic layout, but did not like the track plan that came with the starter set so I decided to create my own plan.

I decided to use a 6x4 baseboard, but to construct it as two 4 x 3 to make it more manageable. Here is an early example of how the points may fit. I've had to buy some short track lengths to go with the points.



I have some old track and points which I am using in the planning stage, although they may be too dirty to use in the layout, unless they clean up. I could use them for effect in unused corners of the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment