Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Railway Hotel


Another birthday present, the railway hotel was a superquick kit. (Thanks Mary and John). It was neither super nor quick, and I got some glue on myself while constructing it, but it looks good now it's build. The instructions and parts are not so clearly labelled as on Metcalfe kits and it uses a thinner card, but the different look helps the layout to look as if it has been constructed over a period of time by different builders. I must try harder with the photographs, as getting the lighting right is tricky. It isn't in its final location as I cannot quite reach the back of the layout at present. It will have to be added and removed each time I put the layout up against the wall, but I now have storage space in the room where the layout is. Access to the station from the hotel is along the path and through the subway, which you may be able to see. This leads directly onto the platform. For the next step the line will need to be fenced off, and an access road needs to be built in front of the hotel once it is properly sited. Click on picture to see larger version.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hotel looks good, I'm sorry you had a bit of trouble putting it together. I made lots of Superquick models for Andrew and I found them OK, but I haven't done a Metcalf one so I have nothing to compare it with. I like the subway by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried to make this comment 3 times, why is it so difficult?!? Anyway, the hotel looks good but I'm sorry it gave you some problems building it. I built lots of Superquick models for Andrew and they seemed OK to me. I have not built any Metcalf ones though so I can't really compare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to moderate comments before they appear, yours was in my in box three times awaiting moderation, but blogger wasn't letting me in properly.. silly technology.

    ReplyDelete