Tuesday 23 June 2015

Building an extension to the layout.

To use up the additional space I now have, a bit more wood cutting has been done and I have created a new junction at the back of the layout that takes trains off the 6 x 4 board onto an extension that leads to some storage sidings. A couple of Fleishman points picked up at a model rail group’s open day give me access from the single incoming track to all four of the sidings. Trains run in and out of this loop without too much trouble.

The scenic views at the back of the layout will have to be changed and there may well be a tunnel and a bridge on the extension piece. I bought a girder bridge from EHattons at the weekend and it came with one piece missing (the bag had split open) but they sent that part in the post today so I can now construct this bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment