Friday 28 December 2018

Post Christmas modelling

I wa pleased to see that a few items off my wish list appeared recently as presents, either on Christmas day or on my birthday on Boxing day, so I now have to get to work with the reconstruction of the model so I will have somewhere to put the new items. I still have to get the track level, there are still a few dodgy areas where trains might derail to put right, then I can get some scenery sorted out. I will have to buy new backscenes as the old ones faded in the sun, but I now have a blind which I can pull down to keep the sun out of the room. The left hand point was a mistake, I really needed a right hand one, so I've ordered one from Hattons, and to make up the parcel a bargain priced loco was put on the order and should arrive soon.

The coach lighting has been fitted in one of my pullman coaches and looks good, but I now need some passengers to sit in the coach as it looks very empty. I also need lights for the other two coaches in this set, so I'll leave them on the Hattons wishlist for now.

The black car is an A40 Somerset (my first car when I passed my driving test, and the A35 van was my second vehicle)

No comments:

Post a Comment